Freitag, 19. November 2010

my hair- an endless struggle + tips

my natural hair is medium shoulder length. I used to have really long hair 3 years ago but I really treated them badly by excessive bleaching and a frequent use of heat tools (which I totally regret now!!). I've been trying to grow them out healthy for like one and a half years now and still have a long way to go. they just won't grow because the ends are still dry and split. but it's getting better and better with time. i've kinda developped strategies that work for me, for example i try to use naturally based shampoos and other hair products. but hair care consists of more than using good products, but of what you do to your hair in general because EVERYTHING can effect your hair quality. Here are the most important things I find are helpful to increase hair quality and growth.

1. I only wash my hair twice a week to make sure it gets enough natural oils from your scalp. on top of that, washing itself results in unhealthy procedures, eg. combing wet hair, applying silicone packed styling products and using heat (blow dryer/straighter...)

2. DON't comb your wet hair with a fine brush, start going through it with a wide tooth comb when it's damp. your hair is very prone to damage and breakage if it is wet.

3. try to avoid heat as much a possible. it doesnt mean you have to run around feeling horrible because your hair is messy or whatever. style your hair with a blowdryer once a week and the 2nd time you wash them, let them air dry. choose a day where it is not so important to look great, eg when you hang out at home or you just go to uni or do alot of sports. trust me you will notice a difference very soon!

4. use natural oils from the pharmacy. ok so there are 2 different oils i've been using lately. the first one is almond oil i apply to my ends once a week. it doesnt make the hair healthy again , it's just a prevention from further breakage (remember: once a hair is broken you CAN'T repair it, you can just cut it!)
argon oil is even better than almond oil but i haven't tried it yet, but im definitely going to!
to increase my hair growth i've started using castor oil in my roots, but i don't know if it helps, ive only tried it twice, but i'll let you know as soon as i find out!

5. for those who use highlights, this is extremely important: if you've reached a colour you really like and go to the salon ONLY dye the roots where there is no colour yet, not the ends. broken ends don't need more damage and you won't notice the difference at all!

6. protect your hair from salt water and the sun by using UV protecting spray (available at drugstores).

7. get your ends trimmed on a regular basis (if you wanna grow your hair out it's ok to wait 3 or 4 months , otherwise it won't grow after all)

8. make sure you follow a healthy , balanced diet with a lot of vitamins and nutrients and have a lot of water. this is a good example that beauty comes from the inside ;).


i hope you found my tips helpful, next time i'll be making a post on my favourite hair products and a review for my clip in extensions who those who want long hair yet are too impatient to wait for ages, just like me :)

i hope you find my tips helpful

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen