Dienstag, 30. November 2010

how to get though Christmas season without gaining weight- or maybe even losing weight!

It goes without saying that during Christmas season it is the most difficult time to avoid indulging in sweet temptations such as ginger bread, cinnamon stars, chocolate cookies, etc.. the list is long and packed with calories ;)
Since I really am a sweet tooth I find it difficult to stick to my healthy diet during this time. I decided to share my essential tips and knowledge with you guys, and maybe you can even LOSE weight with your increased awareness and caution.


1. SNACK WISELY the wrong approach would be to cut back entirely... after all you want to be able to enjoy Christmas just like the others! First of all, DON'T buy cookies at the store, just meet up with friends on Sunday and make them yourselves.. it's not only much more fun and delicious, it also helps you to avoid snacking over the rest of the week. Another thing is that you can trick a bit by simply replacing your favourite things by healthier options. try to stick to the bicuits with 'good' ingredients instead of the 'bad' ones.
examples of good ingredients: almonds, spices( anis, ginger...), egg whites (great for coconut macrones and baisers!!), bad ingredients: marzipan!!, chocolate, a lot of butter (a little bit is obviously essential), ... BUT: you can have as many clementines as you want :) theyre yummy too :)

2. COMPENSATION BY MOVEMENT motivate your family to go for a nice walk in the snow after the huge Christmas meal. It's good for your digestion and you burn some of the calories!

3. NO CHOCOLATE CALENDAR THIS YEAR this may be hard but consider that the chocolate consume all together is just too much to stay healthy and fit all the time. Some may bring up the argument that just one small piece per day is healthy for you. If you manage to leave it to that, it's fine and you have my respect, but what happens to me is that this small piece just triggers my appetite and I start either eating other random things to satisfy this provoked craving or I rip out all the chocolates from the calendar and it's all gone :(. haha I'm probably the only person in the world who does that ;).
anyway, a brilliant idea recently popped into my mind: Make yourself a fitness calendar with pieces of paper reading a daily sports/ nutrition challenge! I'm making mine tonight I think so I have it by tomorrow :) I'm really excited about this!


4. RESISTING IS WORTH THE REWARD. just always keep in mind what a couple of moments of giving in will cause for you on the long term: dissatisfaction, guilt, even a stricter diet incuding more exercise, ugly unnecessary belly fat... and so on. All you have to do to avoid this is to RESIST to your fat pig that wants to come out and eat all that stuff. That's easy, you can do it, can't you?

--> But remember: set yourself a date once a week with your girlfriends when it is actually allowed to have all the things you have to do without usually... believe me, this will be the most enjoyable christmas ever and you need no new year's resolutions, yehhaaa :)

1 Kommentar:

  1. These are great tips! Lovely blog!

    -Alyssa

    http://alyflowers-azure.blogspot.com/

    AntwortenLöschen